Excellent opportunity for documented professional experience in producing an international professional journal.
- Assisting editors and editorial board in processing submitted materials through:
– copy-editing submitted content,
– researching and compiling URL links to references,
– tracking and fact checking submitted material.
- Assisting editors in handling routine emails, phone calls, and correspondence with authors regarding the process and logistics for submission, timelines, and any needed revisions or updates.
- Researching, collecting, and compiling information as requested relative to the development of the journal.
- Communicating regularly with the editors, including phone and/or virtual meetings, as well as Email to work as a team and keep the editors informed and updated on tasks.
- Assisting editors in keeping the editorial schedule on track and focused.
- Other related tasks as needed
- Individuals with a degree in or engaged in graduate work in a related field or in journalism. Experience with psycho-social concepts and particularly trauma is an added plus.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills. Being multilingual is an added plus. Additional language skills are a benefit as we expand on languages content is offered in.
- Working knowledge of relevant computer programs, including Word processing and data base. Additional familiarity with graphics, multimedia, desk top publishing, or web development is a plus.
- Good self-organizational and time management skills.
- Regular access to the Internet and availability for communicating by Email, phone, and/or virtual platform (Zoom/Skype/Whatsapp, etc.).
- Expressed interest in the topic.
* This is a flexible, professional volunteer position that can be performed remotely from any location and on a self-regulated schedule that meets task deadlines.
For more details and to arrange for an interview please submit a resume and contact:
Steve Olweean, Co-Editor
at: SOlweean@aol.com (* Email is preferred for initial contact) or Tel/Fax: 1-269-665-9393